Team Sign ups here: http://lvl1makefoodnotwar2012.eventbrite.com/
It’s time for another 24 hour hackathon!
This October, from Saturday the 20th to Sunday the 21st, pit your building skills against 9 other teams attempting to assemble the finest food-flinging machines in the world!
Your challenge is to build a machine in 24 hours (or less) that can fling the tastiest foodstuff the longest distance with the most style. Teams can bring in any supplies they want (up to $150 worth– We will be asking for receipts at the door!), but you can’t put anything together until the start of the competition. From then on out, it’s a free-for-all to build your contraption using the supplies you’ve brought in alongside the supplies at the LVL1 hackerspace.
As with last time, buy only one ticket per team! One ticket gets your entire team in the door! Try to think of a team name before you show up!
At the end of the competition, teams will judge eachother in the following categories:
- Taste: How delicious is it, after being flung?
- Distance: How far did you fling it?
- Ingenuity: How well-built was your flinger? How crazy?
- Appearance: Is your food recognizable on the other end?
Scores in each category will be averaged, and the top three teams will receive their assorted glory.
- $150 budget, not counting parts from the boneyard at LVL1
- Must be built in 24 hours (nothing preassembled!)
- Team size is unlimited (in either direction), but 3-6 is recommended
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at BradLuyster@gmail.com