Here’s a rundown of this week’s activities. Hope to see you at the space for this or open hours as people post on the Google Group.
We have a new member, Alan. He started working on a crib for his upcoming kid and decided it was time to join for 24/7 key card access & tools the space makes available. Welcome Alan & thanks for donating the new belt sander:
- Tuesday, May 12: 8PM -? Our general meeting where projects are showcased, updates on upcoming events, calls for help & tours. The space opened up at 1:30 PM today so you could get a head start on your project.
- Wednesday, May 13: 7-9PM Join a network of educators to share resources to promote making in the education space.
- Friday, May 15:
- 8:30-10:30AM: Creative Mornings focusing on makers & robots; LVL1 is one of the sponsors. Free event just above our space, then we have tours afterwards. RSVP
- 7PM Workshop du jour for the Laser Cutter. Learn the basic on the 80-watt laser cutter. More info
- 7:30PM Irregular Movie & Pizza Night – always a fun time to work (or not) on your project while a movie is on & people devour pizza.
- Monday, May 19: 7PM; Mend It Monday: Learn from LVL1 members on how to mend various space equipment or learn how to use it. Each week the focus changes. Previous events have been on the laser, woodshop & other items.
More events located on our calendar at www.lvl1.org/events including:
Drone meetups, sewing workshops, and other items added frequently!
A few of our members of the community are looking for spare items, let us know if you have access to any of the following:
- Outdoor seating & tables for the space
- Lightweight frame tubing for a go cart
- 1/2″, 3/4″ conduit pipes
- Various hardwood: cherry, walnut, maple, oak, etc.
Keep hacking on & come back and visit us.