Winter is over and Spring is here! Why not get in the spirit of the season by helping improve your local hackerspace while learning new skills? That’s exactly what Mend It Monday is for!
Mend It Monday is a new biweekly meetup group focused on fixing and improving things around LVL1.
We’ve made great progress so far including:
- Construction of 21 linear feet of new wood shop workbenches
- Concrete removal using the air compressor and pneumatic hammer chisel
- Construction of two new ESD safe electronics workbenches
- Fixing the Lulzbot TAZ 3D printer
- Installation of power drops in the wood shop
And we still have more to do! Mend It Monday is a great opportunity to learn how to use the tools at LVL1 for your own benefit while also helping maintain the space. Ever wanted to learn how to use the 3D printers? Help us fix them from the inside out! Did you want to learn how to use the laser cutter? Give us 5 minutes to help clean the mirrors and we’ll show you! What about the vinyl cutter? Help us make some posters for the space!
Mend It Monday meets every other Monday opposite of SoundBuilders (e.g 4/20/2015, 5/4/2015, etc…) starting at 7 PM. Head over to the LVL1 wiki and check the latest Meeting Minutes for the next Mend It Monday date and while you’re at it, check out the Mend It Monday wiki page for the latest task list.