Team Sign ups here:Â http://lvl1makefoodnotwar2012.eventbrite.com/
It's time for another 24 hour hackathon!
This October, from Saturday the 20th to Sunday the 21st, pit your building skills against 9 other teams attempting to assemble the finest food-flinging machines in the world!
Your challenge is to build a machine in 24 hours (or less) that can fling the tastiest foodstuff the longest distance with the most style. Â Teams can bring in any supplies they want (up to $150 worth-- We will be asking for receipts at the door!), but you can't put anything together until the start of the competition. Â From then on out, it's a free-for-all to build your contraption using the supplies you've brought in alongside the supplies at the LVL1 hackerspace.
As with last time, buy only one ticket per team! Â One ticket gets your entire team in the door! Try to think of a team name before you show up!
At the end of the competition, teams will judge eachother in the following categories:
- Taste: How delicious is it, after being flung?
- Distance: How far did you fling it?
- Ingenuity: How well-built was your flinger? How crazy?
- Appearance: Is your food recognizable on the other end?
- $150 budget, not counting parts from the boneyard at LVL1
- Must be built in 24 hours (nothing preassembled!)
- Team size is unlimited (in either direction), but 3-6 is recommended